Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday's, fossicking and craft

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was filled with birthday dinners, fossicking and craft.

Saturday night saw us at a great Italian restaurant at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast called Alfresco.
It was my father's birthday, so it was his pick.

As an Italian I can recommend this restaurant. The food was delicious.
2991 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise

Sunday saw my sister and I fossicking through mum and dad's house. I found some frames.

When I got home I covered a piece of corkboard with the mustard polka dot fabric and put it in the frame.

I also managed to pick up some cake forks and teaspoons which mum said she didn't want anymore and actually never liked! She has had them for over 30 years and as long as I can remember she always used them. I assumed she liked them. I always did. So did my sister she took a set of six spoons and forks aswell. (Hers were matching, she got to them before me)

So after raiding the house I took my sister, who is over from Spain for a bit, to one of my favourite shops on the Gold Coast. It is called Sealife and is on the Gold Coast Highway at Palm Beach. It is great if your furnishing a beach house. The owner restores a lot of the furniture himself. I like it because he always has great little knic knacs and a fantastic assortment of sea shells. I use the sea shells to make jewellery and to hang on my chandeliers.(another story)
These are the ones I picked up yesterday. They can be hung up as an ornament. But I am going to unthread them and make a necklace.

My other favourite shop which was also at Palm Beach but has just moved to Tugun is found . found was established in 2006 by Cabinet Maker Matt Hatcher. Found brings together a colourful mix of Vintage Australian and European Mid Century Furniture, one off collectables and contemporary home wares. The image below is courtesy of Home Beautiful.
I love the Scandinavian style, so to find this treasure on the Gold Coast a few years back was amazing. Matt has such a great eye for furniture and fabrics. He has had lots of media write ups. Worth having a look when on the Gold Coast next. Currumbin/Tugun is such a beautiful part of the Gold Coast. Not as overcrowded as the top half!

No comments:

Post a Comment