Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chinese Influence

Well today has turned out to be a beautiful day in Brisbane. What you'd expect Sunny Queensland to be.


I have just come back from a little girl's 6th birthday party. Whilst there I was chatting to some of the mother's there about their passions. One mother makes silversmith style jewellery, another crochets wild and unique items and another can whip up a dress in a few hours.

This all came about because DH (my PR Manager) wore a necklace I made for her at a party last week and some of the women were enquiring about it.

This necklace was influenced because of all the many home magazines and interior design blogs I read. Many of them feature these beautiful blue and white porcelain chinese ginger jars, vases, boxes, teapots, lamp bases and the list goes on. So when I came across these beads, they very much reminded me of them.

Above are some vases on the ada&darcy blog. And below is Pierre Frey fabric courtesy of Ada&Darcy aswell.

So when I started fiddling with the beads I found that they just looked beautiful with so many colour combinations.

I mixed them up with brooches, swarovski crystals, semi-precious stones and ribbons.


Who haven't the Chinese influenced?

2 comments:

  1. This necklace is soooo beautiful and I always get so many fabulous compliments on it. The navy and creme design is quite oriental but also reminds people of the delf dutch design. Love it , love it, love it!! Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this work! So so pretty... Especially being such a sucker for blue and white! Hope you are having a perfect weekend! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete