Thursday, October 7, 2010

Treasure Hunt

Look what I found at the Supa Lifeline on the way to the kids swimming! For about a year this Lifeline has not had much in it. In fact nothing! And then in a matter of months there are so many things. Including this Danish looking sideboard unit. That's the nature of op shopping isn't it? It was advertised as an office storage unit. Ready for the price............$25!

It is made of wood and therefore, quite heavy. No chipboard here. Originally I thought I would paint it a metallic silver as I am having a metallic paint moment, however because the wood is beautiful in colour and grain there are really no sins to hide here. It is just a fabulous piece on its own.
It's going upstairs and replacing the current sideboard I have done up which will soon be on ebay!
It has 2 shelves. I just have to put the other one in. It's still a bit dusty so have to give a good clean.
The top has a few scratches, not as bad as it looks in the photo.  And of course my husband groooooaned, "Not another one". I don't know what he expects. I have been doing this since we met 11 years ago. He has never seen me go to therapy about it so not quite sure why he thinks I would stop.

1 comment:

  1. Your sideboard looks AMAZING!!! love it and I am sure you will get plenty of use out of if...the best bit was the price! I am going to have to head out to Supa Lifeline one of these days.

    ReplyDelete